AmeriCorps Tribal Consultation Meeting
Friday, April 9, 3-4 p.m. EST
At AmeriCorps, meeting the needs of communities across the nation is at the core of what we do. Improving lives and ensuring that communities are equipped with the resources to build a better tomorrow for students, families, veterans, older adults, and the generations that follow.
In alignment with the President’s directive and AmeriCorps’ core mission, we are inviting tribal leaders to share how we can enhance the future of national service with tribal nations. It is our goal to create more just and equitable pathways to serve and receive AmeriCorps resources.
In this meeting, AmeriCorps’ senior leaders are seeking ideas, comments, and concerns related to:
- AmeriCorps’ Tribal Consultation Policy
- Barriers for tribal communities to access AmeriCorps resources
- Ways AmeriCorps can support COVID response and recovery
- Ways AmeriCorps can support veterans and military families
- Barriers for tribal community members to serve with AmeriCorps
- Ways AmeriCorps can support members of tribal communities to serve or continue to serve in our programs
- Barriers for tribal grantees to achieve compliance with grant requirements
- Ways to reduce administrative burden and further support tribal grantees to successfully comply with financial and programmatic requirements, including National Service Criminal History Checks.
Tribal communities also can submit their comments in writing. Individuals may submit written comments to email@example.com with the subject line: “Comments for April 9, 2021, AmeriCorps Tribal Consultation Meeting” by April 7, 2021.
AmeriCorps provides reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Anyone who needs an interpreter or other accommodation should notify Yasmeen Shaheen-McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31 at 5 p.m.